Veterans Administration Voluntary Services Program
Worthy Brother Knights,
May it be said that you and yours are among those known as:
A Few Good Men.
I am pleased and honored to be serving as the Georgia State Council Representative for the Veterans Administration Voluntary Services (VAVS) Program. The primary purpose of the VAVS program is to support our Veterans -- the men and women whose sacrifices have preserved the very Liberty we cherish. I am asking that each Council and Assembly establish a Veterans Committee (if you have already done so, Thank You!).
Veteran support in Georgia is divided into three regions -- Atlanta, Augusta, and Dublin. Please click on the buttons above, to access specific information about each region (Regional VA Point of Contact, Upcoming Events, Current Needs). While the state is divided into regions, individual Knights and Councils/Assemblies are free to support the Veterans in any region.
Supporting our Veterans can take many forms. Knights can provide support by participating in an upcoming Veterans event or visiting a Veterans center or hospital. Perhaps you can collect and send care packages containing some of the items on the regional needs list. Support can also come from Councils or individual Knights in the form of financial contributions. Contributions in support of our Veterans can be made via our secure online donation site. Whatever form your support may take, know that I, and more importantly, our Veterans are immensely grateful. Thank you!
Rodney J. White
- Designate one fund-raising event per quarter to benefit Veterans
- Organize a day trip to a Veterans Retirement Home
- Maintain a collection container for Needs List items
- Designate meeting 50/50 proceeds to VAVS once per quarter
- Send Thank You cards to Veterans at a VA center on Veterans Day
- Host an annual tribute dinner for local area Veterans
- Send Thanksgiving/Christmas care packages to VA hospital
- Veterans Committee Fund Raising Ideas - click to open document