State Charities Raffle
The objectives of the State Charity Raffle are to allow councils to designate funds to their local charities as well as support the statewide campaigns such as Special Olympics, Frontline Faith, Ultrasound Initiatives, Wheelchair Fund, Military Chaplain’s Scholarship, Emergency Relief Fund, Veterans Programs, etc. Raffle tickets were distributed at the July and August GK’s meetings along with a description of the program.
Results from the drawing at the convention banquet on May 20, 2017
1st Prize, $5000 – Marcoux, Council 4913, Valdosta. Seller was Mike Marcoux.
2nd Prize, $2500 – Jim and Kelly Maloney, Council 631, Savannah. Seller was Steppenbech.
3rd Prize, $1000 – Francisco Vasquez, Council 15716, Douglas. Seller was Omar Torres.
Council proceeds are based on a sliding scale:
- Sell $250 in tickets – Council will receive 50 % for their designated Charity/ Charities.
- Sell $500 in tickets – Council will receive 55 % for their designated Charity/Charities.
- Sell $750 in tickets - Council will receive 60 % for their designated Charity/Charities.
- Sell $1000 in tickets- Council will receive 65 % for their designated Charity/Charities.
- Sell $1250 in tickets – Council will receive 70 % for their designated Charity/Charities.
- Sell $1500+ in tickets - Council will receive 75% for their designated Charity/Charities.
The individual members who sell the winning tickets will receive 10% of that prize for his efforts.
All ticket stubs and checks should be submitted by April 30th (please do not send cash). The check should be made out to the Knights of Columbus Charities of Georgia. This year’s raffle drawing will again take place at the State Convention Banquet.
When submitting the Charities Reporting Form with your local charity or charities designated, you must also provide the charity’s Federal Tax ID number. The Charities Reporting Forms will be accepted until May 19th, 2018. Knights of Columbus Charities of Georgia will handle the dispersing of all fund checks. The checks will be sent to the Councils for presentation to their designated charities.
The ticket stubs, checks, and form can be sent to me any time at:
Derek J. Depkin
295 Overlook Drive
Covington, GA 30016
Some ideas councils have used to sell tickets are:
- Selling tickets after mass to promote their designated local charity
- Selling tickets at fish fries, parish breakfasts, and fall festivals
- Selling tickets with council proceeds going towards ultrasound machine purchase
Derek J. Depkin
Coordinator, State Charities Raffle
Georgia State Council
Knights of Columbus